The title of The Elder Statesman came from the fact that I am the oldest out of my group of friends. Often, when enjoying fun times and adult beverages with friends, people would comment on my relaxed and sometimes patriarchal demeanor. So I joked that I was the "elder statesman" of the group. I was born and raised in Garland, TX, a suburb of Dallas. I am a graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in Economics and the University of Texas at Dallas with an MBA. I love my family and my friends and do everything I can to show them that. I have a beautiful woman by my side putting up with all my nonsense. I enjoy the finer things in life like scandal, intrigue, beer and baseball.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I’ve talked about my mother before in this blog. I’ve talked about my sister before in this blog. And I’m sure I have mentioned my grandmother at least a couple of times in my life of blogging. These women all have something in common. They are mothers and they are important to me. So, considering today is Mother’s Day, I decided I would add a special entry into the mix. This is my special Mother’s Day blog and it goes out to all the mothers I know out there and all the mothers of the people I know out there. This is for the mothers who are still raising their children and the mothers whose children have left the nest. This is for the mothers who have passed and the soon to be mothers. For everyone who is a mother either by nature or by the goodness and love of their own heart. Being a mother is a blessing and we are all blessed by our mothers. Indeed the Lord Jesus Christ loved his mother dearly and she loved him completely. So for all the mothers out there…Happy Mother’s Day…

A TRIBUTE TO MOTHER
"Strength and honor are her clothing;
She shall rejoice in time to come.
She opens her mouth with wisdom,
And on her tongue is the law of kindness.
She watches over the ways of her household,
And does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children rise up and call her blessed;
Her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many daughters have done well,
But you excell them all."
Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord,
She shall be praised.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.
Proverbs 31:25~31

No comments:

Post a Comment