The title of The Elder Statesman came from the fact that I am the oldest out of my group of friends. Often, when enjoying fun times and adult beverages with friends, people would comment on my relaxed and sometimes patriarchal demeanor. So I joked that I was the "elder statesman" of the group. I was born and raised in Garland, TX, a suburb of Dallas. I am a graduate of Southern Methodist University with a degree in Economics and the University of Texas at Dallas with an MBA. I love my family and my friends and do everything I can to show them that. I have a beautiful woman by my side putting up with all my nonsense. I enjoy the finer things in life like scandal, intrigue, beer and baseball.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Right-minded women and getting right with the Lord

…inspired by this blog by Meghan McCain (http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-03-02/looking-for-mr-far-right/)

I’ve realized what I’ve been looking for. It’s every Republican man’s unicorn (a mythical creature that may not exist and impossible to catch), a tall, blond, Right-minded woman. Let me expound a little. Of course there are a vast majority of men out there looking for the tall, blond woman. A good Conservative, such as me, wants to find that combined with the pure hotness of Right (conservative) thinking. So, imagine my excitement at coming across the blog at the link above. Meghan McCain has renewed my belief in unicorns. She’s tall, blond, attractive, and Conservative…what else could you want. Yes, yes, I am a brunette man and in fact have not dated a natural blond or even a committed fake blond before, but I’d be happy to try my hand if she shared the same Right-leaning views I do. Plus, may I say, in my experience, it is hard to find blond Conservatives of any attractiveness. Blonds may have more fun, but their political views are ridiculous. Now, with my completely wild dreams of being president, or at least governor, some day, I would be well suited by a beautiful, smart, Right-minded brunette woman by my side, because they just seem to have it all together. Plus the one or two that I know really well are sexy in how Conservative they are. But, as with the outlandish dream of a Hansen presidency, the possibility of finding a blond woman who could turn me on mentally and politically as much as brunettes can would be nice. Either way, if you take anything away from this inane diatribe it should be this…kudos to Meghan McCain for being political, attractive, and blond. Those guys she’s been dating probably have no idea what they are missing.

I told myself I would not use blogging as a way to bitch about work, but I have to get some things out in order to maintain the thin grip on sanity I have. They’ve cut back our commission structure at work. So, with the considerably lean sales lately due to the economic situation, I’ve taken an incredible reduction in pay. Yes, I may still live rent free and all, but the truck ain’t cheap and neither is this fast-paced lifestyle I lead. Not that you, my audience, can do anything, but if I cut down on picking up the check or heavy tipping, that is why.

I’ve started my Young Adult Ministry Bible study again this week. It’s not really a Bible study, per se, as much as it is a guided Catechetical study. Not how I would typically run things in a Bible study, but I’m planning on parlaying this into a more traditional Bible study once we’ve completed working out of the books we have. I even came up with a name for my Bible study…Unscripted. It is meant to describe the structure of the Bible study, as in unstructured. It will be more of a free flowing, improvisational Bible study that will take us to all/different parts of the Bible every session. No booklets to go out of, no journey through the Bible starting at the beginning, just the group, the Bible, and some thorough thought-provoking discussions. Sound good? I thought so, Jesus just handed that one to me while I was praying in the Eucharistic chapel before the Bible study started on Wednesday. It feels good to start getting close to the Big Guy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment